The El Paso Zoological Society is proud to be the sponsor for all volunteers at the El Paso Zoo.
Volunteers are truly the “backbone” for all education programming, special fundraising events and Zoological Society planning for the El Paso Zoo.
Volunteers range from zookeeper aid, education assistant, gardener, animal health care to office assistant.
We only have 4 trainings available throughout the year and it’s limited to 20 participants per training.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Maintain a customer friendly attitude and outgoing
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills
- Genuinely interested in and care about people, animals, nature and conservation
- Ability to pass a background check
- Provide a negative TB test and Tetanus shot record (at your own expense)
- Ability to volunteer at least 100 hours per year, approximately 8 hours per month
- We require at least one letter of recommendation
- Embrace excellent standards of customer service
If you are interested in volunteering with us please fill out the application below, you can email it, fax it or drop it off at the Zoo membership office.