Interested in purchasing a membership as a gift? Please call us at (915)212-0245 or visit the Membership Office to purchase a gift membership today!
Are you interested in customizing your membership package? Check out the information below to learn more about our Membership Add Ons. If you would like to purchase Membership Add Ons, please call (915)212-0245 or visit the Membership Office.
Add up to 2 guests and 3 children to any membership package.
Guests (18+ yrs)
$25 – Named
$30 – Unnamed
(Unnamed guests must be accompanied by a named member)
Child (2-17 yrs)
$15 – per child
(Must be accompanied by a named member)
**Upgrades and Add Ons may be done at any time, however, the expiration date will stay the same.
Thank you for supporting the El Paso Zoo, your purchase of our memberships is a big contributor to helping give our animals what they need.
PURCHASING YOUR MEMBERSHIP
You can become a zoo member today by doing one of the following:
- Filling out our online membership information at http://www.elpasozoosociety.org
- Stopping by the Zoo’s main entrance at the membership information office
- Or by phone at (915) 212-0245.
MEMBERSHIPS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE
- Year round FREE admission to the El Paso Zoo during regular hours.
- Express entry through our member entrance during zoo hours.
- Discounts on admission to over 150 zoos and aquariums across the USA, Mexico, Canada, and Singapore. Click HERE to visit the Association of Zoos and Aquariums site and see a list of participating zoos and aquariums.
- Discount on the Zoo Society Summer Camp – ages 6-10.
- Discount on the African Star Train, Endangered Species Carousel, and Copper Canyon Ropes Course.
- 10% discount in all concessions – The Safari Outfitters Gift Shop, Passport Café, Grasslands Café, and other food kiosks.
- Special e-mail notifications on zoo events and up-to-the-minute zoo news.
- FREE entrance to zoo daytime events such as EggstravaganZoo, Party for the Planet, Boo at the Zoo and more!
- Receive an El Paso Zoo Society vehicle decal.
- ADULT CARD HOLDER(s) and NAMED guests must be present with photo ID. A named adult must accompany any open/unnamed guest.
- Memberships are not transferable and nonrefundable (no exceptions).
- Children 17 years and under must be accompanied by a registered adult on the membership in order to validate zoo entrance. Children accompanied by an adult NOT registered in the membership may not enter the zoo, even if that adult bought an admission ticket for him/herself. Memberships are non-transferable.
- Named adults on membership card need to be at least 18 years old.
- Children cannot be used as a substitute for a registered adult or adult guest.
- Children may not use their parent’s membership to enter the zoo. The membership is under the parent’s name, not the children. Card holders must be 18 or older.
- Upgrades and add-ons (military discount is not applicable) may be done at any time; however, the membership expiration date will remain the same.
- Members cannot use their membership to bring in school or daycare groups. These groups must make reservations through the Zoo’s website. Members wishing to accompany their child on a field trip may do so as long as they are not an official school chaperone.
- Membership cannot be used to bring in church or camp groups. These groups must pay regular admission.
IMPORTANT EL PASO ZOO POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Do not bring radios, tape or CD players, roller-blades, roller-skates, skateboards, scooters, bicycles or balls, balloons or confetti onto the El Paso Zoo grounds.
Pets are not allowed on El Paso Zoo grounds. If service animals are planned to be part of the group, please let the Zoo know in advance by calling 915-212-0966. Emotional support animals are not allowed on zoo grounds.
The El Paso Zoo reserves the right to escort disruptive individuals from the Zoo grounds.
Profanity, vulgar language, obscene gestures, and disruptive, rowdy behavior are not permitted. Kindly limit cell phone use to common areas away from animal exhibits or other guests.
Walk, DO NOT run. Pick up after your group. Quietly enjoy your visit and respect those around you. Smoking, alcohol, drugs and weapons are strictly prohibited. Use public pathways, do not trample plants or flowers, nor cross barriers. Do not bring glass containers or balloons into the El Paso Zoo.
For safety of all guests – No sitting, climbing on or hanging on the fences, walls or trees. If you touch education animals as part of an animal encounter program on zoo grounds, avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth and wash your hands, especially before eating. For the safety of the animals – Do not feed or tease El Paso Zoo animals including wild animals like pigeons and squirrels. Please do not enter restricted areas or hold doors open when entering or leaving the Americas Aviary.
Answers to some of the common membership questions
Q.AS A MEMBER, DO I NEED TO WEAR A MASK?
A: The El Paso Zoo is city owned and follows the mandates of the City of El Paso. Therefore, masks are optional on grounds for all guests.
Q: WHERE CAN I PURCHASE A MEMBERSHIP THE DAY OF MY VISIT?
A: The Zoo Society Membership Office is located near the front entrance of the Zoo. Please be prepared to fill out an application.
Q: HOW IS THE EL PASO ZOO SOCIETY CHANGING MEMBERSHIP CARDS?
A.To make check-in easier and contactless, we are switching from a physical membership card to an electronic membership card. Please make sure that your email address is current. If there are any changes in either your email address or your physical address, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep an eye out for an email from email@example.com , which will contain your new electronic card.
Q: HOW DOES THE ELECTRONIC MEMBERSHIP CARDS WORK?
A: After you have renewed your membership or purchased a new membership, you will receive your electronic PDF membership card from firstname.lastname@example.org. Download or take a screenshot of your card and store it on your phone. Feel free to share the email with the other NAMED adults on the membership. If you have questions about your card, and/or how to use it, contact us at email@example.com.
Q: I DIDN’T RECEIVE MY E-CARD, WHAT HAPPENED?
A. Add firstname.lastname@example.org your contact list to ensure that you will receive emails from the El Paso Zoo Society. Check your spam e-mail. Does the Zoo Society have your current email?
Q: HOW OLD MUST I BE TO HAVE A MEMBERSHIP?
A: You must be 18 years old to have a membership. Children will be listed in the total family count.
Q: HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN BE ON A MEMBERSHIP?
A: That depends on the membership level:
Spider Monkey package allows only one named adult on the membership.
Sun Bear package allows two named adults on the membership.
Bird Nest package allows one named adult and up to two children on the membership.
Wolf Pack package allows two named adults and up to five children on the membership.
Tiger Team package allows two named adults, up to five children and one adult guest on the membership.
***Please check out our Add-ons for adding more people on to your membership
***Adults named on the membership must be consistent; children on the membership can be any individuals between the ages of 2-17 years old in age.
Q: HOW CAN I UPGRADE MY MEMBERSHIP or Add more people?
A: You can upgrade your membership or purchase Add-ons at any time, however, the expiration will stay the same. If you would like to upgrade or Add-on to your membership, you may do so by giving us a call at (915)212-0245 or by visiting the Membership Office during hours of operation. *Military discount or front gate admission tickets are not applicable to upgrades or add-ons**
Q: I HAVE A ‘’TIGER TEAM” MEMBERSHIP THAT ALLOWS A GUEST. CAN MY GUEST USE MY MEMBERSHIP CARD WITHOUT ME?
A: No, a named adult on the membership account must be present for any guest to be admitted with your Tiger Team membership.
Q: WHY DO WE HAVE TO PRESENT PHOTO ID WITH OUR MEMBERSHIP CARDS?
A: We ask that all adults present their photo ID to prevent misuse of the memberships. This prevents transfer of membership benefits to non-members and lost cards from being used by others.
Q: CAN I BRING SOMEONE ELSE IF THE SECOND ADULT ON MY MEMBERSHIP CANNOT ATTEND?
A: No, memberships are non-transferable. Only adults listed on the card are admitted with photo ID. This means that if one of the two named adults is not present, a guest may not replace them for the day. Any extra guests NOT covered with your membership must purchase a daily admission ticket at the front gate.
Q: CAN MY CHILDCARE PROVIDER OR NANNY USE MY MEMBERSHIP CARD TO BRING MY CHILDREN?
A: No, unless they are NAMED on your membership either as the named guest for Tiger Team memberships or under a named Add-on.
Q: HOW DO I RECEIVE DISCOUNTS AROUND THE ZOO?
A: Present your valid and updated membership E-CARD and photo ID before you make your purchase for a discount at the restaurants, gift shop, carousel, train or ropes course.
Q: HOW DO I RECEIVE A DISCOUNT AT THE SAFARI OUTFITTER GIFT SHOP?
A: Present your valid membership card and photo ID before you make your purchase for a 10% discount.
Q: WHY DO YOU WANT MY EMAIL ADDRESS?
A: We ask for your email for the sole purpose of keeping our members up to date on Zoo news. We send out emails to keep our members informed of special events, animal news, special presentations, and closures.
Q: I HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY DIGITAL MEMBERSHIP CARD. WHAT DO I DO?
A: Call the membership office at (915)212-0245 or send us an e-mail at email@example.com and let us know your name, date of purchase and a good e-mail address. We will re-send your digital membership card to that e-mail. Please add our e-mail (above) to your contacts list to ensure you receive e-mails from us.
Q: MY NAME IS SPELLED WRONG ON MY E-CARD OR MY ADDRESS IS WRONG. HOW IS THIS CORRECTED?
A: Call the membership office at (915)212-0245. Let us know your membership number and the corrections. Or let us know at the membership office on your next visit. We will update your account and re-send your digital membership card with the corrections.
Q: HOW LONG IS MY MEMBERSHIP VALID?
A: All memberships expire one year from date of purchase.
Ex) Purchase Date 3/4/2017 will Expire 3/4/2018
Q: WHAT HAPPENS IF I RENEW MY MEMBERSHIP EARLY?
A: Your membership will be extended one year past your current expiration date.
Your expiration date will not be negatively affected, you will not “lose” a month.
Q: MY MEMBERSHIP EXPIRED. NOW WHAT?
A: If your membership has lapsed, your new expiration date will be one year from the new purchase date. Just call (915)212-0245 to renew or go online at http://www.elpasozoosociety.org/.
Q: CAN WE USE OUR MEMBERSHIP AT OTHER ZOOS?
A: Yes. We have a list of over 100 reciprocal zoos that will allow you discounted admission. Please be aware that some zoos only reciprocate 2 adults/2 children on a membership and may restrict the number of children admitted at the discounted rate. “Plus” guests are not usually honored at other zoos. Not all zoos participate in this program. Please call ahead before you travel.
IF YOUR QUESTION HAS NOT BEEN ADDRESSED HERE, PLEASE CALL OUR MEMBERSHIP OFFICE AT (915) 212-0245 BEFORE YOU MAKE YOUR PURCHASE.